sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 02 dodge sprinter 2.7 & I was informed that

Customer Question

I have a 02 dodge sprinter 2.7 & I was informed that this vehicle ran & then 1 injector was serviced because it was leaking & after that it never started again. So weeks later I looked at it and I had no communication so i checked the ecm. & it was full
of water so I replaced with a new one and repaired the connector to the ecm. I coded the ecm with an autologic scantool but still no start. I would like to test the injector to see if it is firing with a labscope. can you provide me with a good pattern. I
looked at data and I have about 20psi for low fuel and I get about 1,200 -1,500 psi for high after cranking for a while.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

With rail pressure being that low you definitely won't have injector pulse. The ECM needs to see about 5,000 PSI in the fuel rail before the injectors will turn on. The low rail pressure could be a failed high pressure pump, a leaking fuel quantity solenoid or limit valve, but it's more likely to be an injector failure. If an injector is leaking into a cylinder while cranking or returning the fuel through the injector return then it won't allow the rail to pressurize.

What was done with the injector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they told me that the injector were removed and something was replaced to stop the leak in the injector and then they were re installed

They didn't' replace the injector? It's not internally servicable and if it was leaking it needed to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I cap off the injector line where it connects to the injectors to try to isolate which one is broke. And if they sell such a cap or plug

Removing the lines one at a time and capping the outlet on the fuel rail is a good way to tell which one is preventing pressure from building but unlike the Cummins engines I'm not aware of a tool available for it. There isn't one called out in the service information and I don't see an aftermarket one available for this small thread.

One thing you can do is use the Miller 9545 vial set to check return from each injector while cranking.