Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

1998 Dodge Ram 3500 automatic with just over 200k mis.

Customer Question

1998 Dodge Ram 3500 automatic with just over 200k mis. Running fine, then release accelerator and when try to press it again, can only push it down about 1/8th of the way, can only get about 1,100 rpm. Linkage seems fine, tested the throttle position sensor, it seems fine. Everything is running well, just this crazy accelerator issue? Could it be the injector somehow?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Is this a 12 valve Cummins or a 24 Valve?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turns out that a pin had sheared in the injection pump. Removed the pump, took it in and had it serviced, cost $700.00. Got the pump back, installed it, runs like a gem.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Cool, glad you were able to solve this on your own....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert