-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My 2004 dodge stratus 2.4 sedan just up and quit! Im not

Customer Question

My 2004 dodge stratus 2.4 sedan just up and quit! Im not getting any fire to the coils. Ive changed the coil pack, plugs and crank sensor. Its getting plenty of fuel. No fuses are blown relays check out and no codes are being shown! What could the problem be?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

When you try and start it, does the engine sound like it's freewheeling as in no compression?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its building compression. 1 & 3 cylinders flood after trying to start but im not getting any fire to the coil pack.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If your sure the timing belt is not broke then is the check engine light on and what codes does it have? Did it stall while driving? If you remove the camshaft sensor on the side of the head do you see the camshaft moving when cranking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Timing belt is good and tight. Engine light is on but no codes show up. It didnt stall driving it was parked and done this after it cranked
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If the check engine light is on then you have codes that will need to be checked with a scantool or codes reader.. If your not getting any spark then disconnect the coil and 1 pin should have a constant 12v when cranking, and the other 3 should have a ground pulse when cranking..

Let me know what you find

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Crank sensor, coil pack and plugs have been changed. Still no fire. Cam sensor checked out ok. Car hasnt jumped time. Still no codes show up on computer. Any ideas?