Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

1993 dodge cummins diesel .battery is discharging and wait

Customer Question

1993 dodge cummins diesel .battery is discharging and wait to start light comes on.About twenty miles later wait to start light flickers and then goes out and battery begins to charge
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Looking at the info on this model here it looks like the engine computer controls the alternator output to charge the battery and with the issue with the light flickering for the glow plug control this may be due to an internal fault in the engine computer itself needing replaced.I have seen engine computer internal electrical failure before cause issues like this here needing replaced.

This will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and if found to be the cause the computer will need replaced.

Thanks Pete