Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi. It has been

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi. It has been running great. Today, while on the highway, the engine light came on. About 30 sec later, the engine died. Will not start. It shows 8 sensor codes, 1 for each ignition coil. It does not seem feasible that all the coils quit at the same time. I was thinking it could be the PCM or the cam shaft timing sensor, even though there was no code for it. Any suggestions.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! Can I get the code numbers in the computer? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P2302, P2305, P2308, P2311, P2314, P2317, P2320, P2323
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. Not it cranks over but does not start? Does the engine have spark when cranking it over?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. It cranks but does not fire.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that is what you are going to need to check next. You are either missing spark or fuel.. or both. YES, it is very unlikley that all of the ignition coils have gone bad at the same time. I agree. USually this is caused by incorrect valve timing or a bad cam or crank sensor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No spark.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

OK then I would start checking the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Remember to check engine compression to be sure the engine is in time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Thanks.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you today.

It has been a pleasure working with you!

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!