Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2011 ram 6.7 code 471 I cleaned the tube replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ram 6.7 code 471 I cleaned the tube replaced the sensor checked for exhaust pressure coming out of the tube before I installed the tube on to the t-stat housing cleaned the port in the sensor housing tested wires from sensor to pcm all good and p0471 comes back and it has code p2bac whats next?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The sensor port in the thermostat housing tends to get plugged with hardened soot. Did you make sure that the port in the thermostat housing is clear all the way through? Most of the time when I have problems with the exhaust pressure sensor, I end up needing to drill out the port with a 1/8" drill bit to be absolutely sure that the port is clear....

If you are absolutely sure the port is clear then most likely the sensor itself is bad. If this is the case, the exhaust pressure sensor must be replaced.

Lastly, I did find a Technical Service Bulletin that includes a Flash Update for the ECM. This addresses some system and diagnostic improvements. The P0471 is listed in this TSB. It may be a good idea to have a dealer flash the ECM before replacing the Exhaust Pressure Sensor.

I'm posting some diagnostic info and a copy of the service bulletin for you to read through.

P0471 Diagnostic info ----> Click Here

Related Service Bulletin ----> Click Here

As for the P2BAC, this code WILL be able to be cleared once the P0471 is solved... P2BAC is basically just an informational code...

P2BAC info ----> Click Here

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

Please keep in mind, If you are not happy with your answer and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for your answer is GREATLY appreciated and is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark "http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-Robertr/?r=SprinterRob&bt=0" My Profile Page (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert