Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

I have a 2009 ram 1500 laramie w/hemi....code 0016 keeps

Customer Question

I have a 2009 ram 1500 laramie w/hemi....code 0016 keeps coming back and not allowing my truck to go into overdrive.....I changed the crank and cam sensors. If I was to clear the codes it would run fine until I shut it off and started it back up it would come back on within 15 minutes most of the time....smh
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark,

If your PCM software hasn't been updated for awhile I would suggest you start by having that done. The reasoning is that Chrysler released updated software to address cases where the P0016 code may set erroneously. This was laid out is a Technical Service Bulletin.

If the software is already up to date, then this code maybe indicating that your timing chain has jumped a tooth so you would need to investigate that if you have higher mileage.

I hope that helps to answer your question, but if you need anything further please reply back to me. Thanks!