-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2008 Dodge Caravan won't start key stuck in the ignition

Customer Question

2008 Dodge Caravan won't start key stuck in the ignition can't get out battery says its charged when I put the charger on it and inside interior lights keep flashing off and on rapidly
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

You most likely have a bad WIN module. What is the last 8 of your VIN so I can check for recalls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BR626400
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the VIN!!

The only open recall is for your rear window switch. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 min and see if a hard reset helps? Do you have another remote and will it lock and unlock the doors? Do you see a red light on in dash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try the other remote doesn't work now it's stuck in a unlock the lights on the dash keep flashing on and off
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Did you try disconnecting the battery for 5min to see if a hard reset will help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to unhook it for five minutes a couple of times did make any difference sounds like they're going to have to come and get it till it in and check it out
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

At this point we have performed all the self tests to no avail. To continue I would need to know what codes are in the WIN and PCM modules to see whats really going on..