Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Will a 4.7 liter motor from a 2003 Dodge Durango work in a

Customer Question

Will a 4.7 liter motor from a 2003 Dodge Durango work in a 2003 Dodge Ram with a 4.7liter motor
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Yes it will. As long as the year of the engine is the ssme, it will bolt right in and work just fine.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the motor fit if the Durango is a 2004 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the motor from a 2004, Dodge Durango with a 4.7 liter fit in a 2003 Dodge Ram with a 4.7 liter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My technician told me that the year of the Durango was 2003 and is was a 2004... Will the motor fit from a 2004 Dodge Durango with a 4.7liter into a 2003 Dodge Ram with a 4.7 liter
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Let me double check that and get back to you asap.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I just researched this and both vehicles use an NGC PCM (engine computer) and 30 slot cam sprocket tone wheels, so it should work. You may need to swap sensors and injectors from one engine to the other, but other than that it should work.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.