Tom
Tom, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Chrysler Level 3 Technician, Chrysler Training Instructor
20300296

Dodge caravan 2007 250000. van was running fine,came to

Customer Question

dodge caravan 2007 250000 kilo. van was running fine,came to start,motor started and shut off after 2 seconds,re did this for 4 times and now when i turn the key all i hear is a click and nothing happens, battery has a good charge wires under the fuse box look fine what should i do next
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll try to help with your no start problem. The first part of your issue sounds like a security key problem. The starting for 2 seconds and dining is the tell-tale sign for that. After multiple attempts at that it has probably lowered the battery voltage too much at this point. If you have a spare key try to start it with the spare key after a battery charge. There is a transponder in the key that provides a code to the security computer. It is possible that the key that you have been using is faulty.