Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2006 Dodge Durango SLT, 3.7 liter 2WD. Recently the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Dodge Durango SLT, 3.7 liter 2WD. Recently the water pump went out on it (parts of it crumbled), which also took out the serpentine belt. I replaced the water pump and the serpentine belt and went to start it back up. It just continues clicking rapidly. Sometimes it will mildly try to start over, but usually not. Also, when I turn the key to try to start it, all the lights on the dash go crazy and flash off and on. I put in a new battery, a new starter, a new alternator, new ignition control module, and have tried to visually trace wires for any damage. Nothing seems to work. It is pulling the codes: P0562 system voltage low and P0700 transmission control syStem malfunction. What else could this be?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

That really sounds like a bad battery/bad connection. Are you certain you have good connections on both ends of the battery cables? When I say both ends I mean not only the battery terminals, but also the end of the negative cable that runs to ground, and the end of the positive cable that runs to the power junction or alternator? A clicking noise and flashing dash lights, and p0562 all point to low battery voltage from a poor connection. Do you have a multi-meter and can you check battery voltage and also resistance from the battery post to each battery terminal? You will also want to test resistance from the negative terminal to chassis ground (anywhere metal on the body or engine). If you need some tips on using a multi-meter let me know, they can be a little confusing at first.