Tom
Tom, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Chrysler Level 3 Technician, Chrysler Training Instructor
20300296

It is a brake code not trans I think

Customer Question

It is a brake code not trans I think
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll try to help you with your truck but I need some more info. What is the code that you are reffering to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U1408
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that code is a communication fault between the ABS computer and the Transmission. Are there any codes that show up for the ABS computer? If there are it should addressed first. There is not much we can do without a factory scan tool on this new of vehicle. Some causes of this could be :

• Proper connector installation.
  • Damaged connector locks.
  • Corrosion.
  • Other signs of water intrusion.
  • Weather seal damage (if equipped).
  • Bent terminals.
  • Overheating due to a poor connection (terminal may be discolored due to excessive current draw).
  • Terminals that have been pushed back into the connector cavity.
  • Perform a terminal drag test on each connector terminal to verify proper terminal tension
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

I would assume that as new as the truck is it would still be under factory warranty so any Ram dealer would be able to repair it for no charge under warranty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a tow tk trying not 2 take it in they keep m 2 long but if I don't have no luck I'll have 2
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, I understand that. With all the electronics on new vehicles anymore it hard to do much without the factory scan tool.