Derek Werner
Derek Werner, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist
61695331

The air conditioning will cool few minutes and then start

Customer Question

the air conditioning will cool for a few minutes and then start blowing unconditioned air. after turning it off for a while, it will work again for another few minutes.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome!

This is a good indication the air conditioning compressor clutch is starting to fail.

Open the hood, start the vehicle and turn on the a/c. The compressor will have 2 metal lines connected to it. Look at the front of the compressor pulley were the belts run. The center of the compressor clutch should be turning with the pulley. Now when the a/c quits working, use a hard object and give it a good tap and see if it kicks back on.

Try this and let me know what you find.

Thanks,

William

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site