bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 with blower motor issues. It

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 with blower motor issues. It started with intermittent flows with the selector knob on high, when you first start it up the blower would blow strong then die off as you drove for 3-4 minutes, now it doesn't hardly have any volumn at any time?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

since you are not rally mechanically inclined I will be less technical, USUALLY what happens here is a broken recirculation door, the door breaks and falls on top of the blower motor housing causing the lack of airflow, broken heater/a/c doors were common on your generation ram pickup, the proper repair will involve removing the dash and heater box and replacing all the doors and pins with stronger updated ones, pulling the dash is NOT a huge effort but is time consuming expect 6 to 8 hours labor plus parts, a cheaper way BUT far from correct is pull the blower motor and remove the remains of the door BUT the a/c will not be nearly as cold on the max setting since you will be trying to cool hot outside air,

if you have further questions please ask I will do my best to explain