Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Can the average reset the security system on a 2007 Dodge

Customer Question

Can the average Joe reset the security system on a 2007 Dodge Nitro
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Basically, from your explanation, you've already done about all you can do in attempt to get the vehicle started. At this point since the red dot is flashing, it means that there has been a malfunction of the Immobilizer System. Most likely cause is the WCM module itself. The vehicle must be scanned to see what codes are present.
Unfortunately, this scan must be done at a Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge dealer, they are the only ones that have the correct scanner that can talk to the WCM module (Wireless Control Module). This is the module responsible for the Immobilizer functions...
If you can post any codes here, I can offer a second opinion if you like..
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert