Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I am having issues with Cruise Control on my 2013 Dodge

Customer Question

I am having issues with Cruise Control on my 2013 Dodge Challenger to where the Cruise Control kicks on all by itself and my vehicle starts to speeds up. I am reading a similar issue on your website that someone submitted to you from a Dodge truck having the same problem. It looks as though that the Cruise control switch could be the problem and looking to investigate by removing this switch to see what happens.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Does the cruise control lamp also illuminate when this happens?
What do you have to do to stop it from accelerating?
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert