sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 98 Doge Caravan. the interior lights keep blinking

Customer Question

I have a 98 Doge Caravan. the interior lights keep blinking off and on and there is a clicking noise when this happens below the dashboard. Also the window front wipers will work and then all of a sudden stop. this is extremely dangerous. I have replaced
the part that deals with the wipers and blinkers and my wipers are still doing the same thing. Please help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming it was the multifunction switch that you replaced.
The problems may be related but the wiper issue could be unrelated. Assuming it isn't accompanied by the door ajar light, the clicking noise and interior lights flashing is an internal failure in the body control module, it will need to be replaced to repair the lights.
The wiper motor relies on the BCM also so if the wiper issue seems to correspond to the interior lights then most likely it's related. Otherwise the most likely cause would be the motor itself, but power and ground would need to be tested at the motor at the time it's acting up to know for sure.