Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

1989 dodge cumings over charging three batterys three

Customer Question

1989 dodge cumings over charging three batterys three regulaters i and my mechanic can not find the problem is there a ground problem or a dead short i do not know need help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Since you cave replaced the voltage regulator then you likely have a short. Check for B+ on the Dark Blue wire at the voltage regulator. This is the reference voltage for the voltage regulator. Unplug the voltage regulator. If it stops charging, the new voltage regulator is defective . If it still overcharges, check if the Dark Green wire for a short to ground.