Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

02ram 2500 replaces and master I think synthetic line ther

Customer Question

02ram 2500 replaces slave and master I think synthetic line ther is a bleed screw on slave I have about 1 inch of clutch have bleed more than I care to tell still air in system have pumped till my leg is coming off please help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Where did you purchase the Master and Slave cylinders?
Did these come together or were these purchased separately?
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Advance auto both parts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both were bought separately
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, Dodge slave cylinders are NOT equipped with bleeders. These aftermarket replacement units are nearly impossible to bleed out the conventional way...

At this time, my recommendation is to get your money back on those and purchase the Master and Slave ASSEMBLY from your local Dodge dealer. These units come "Pre-bled" and are ready for installation and immediate use with no bleeding necessary.. Trust me, the dealer replacement units are WELL WORTH the added cost for the parts...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert