sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup I purchase new avital

Customer Question

I have 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup I purchase new avital alarm remote start truck Kip shutting down wouldn't stay idle had to have towed back home. Remove both cables off of battery and disconnected wire from alarm system remove batteries from both alarm remote. Now factory alarm is on and I have no remote to disarm it. Can you help? need to make sure it is an alarm causing problems
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the engine started, ran briefly and died then most likely your truck has the SKIM system with a transponder in the key and this was not accounted for when the remote start was installed. Depending on the actual system you would usually need to install a bypass module that sends a signal to the SKIM module to allow the engine to run.
There are two ways to disarm factory security if the lights are flashing and horn honking. One is a factory key fob, if you don't have a fob then unlocking the driver's door manually with the key will disarm it. There is a disarm switch on the back side of the lock cylinder that will send a signal and disarm security.