Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I was driving my 1966 dodge coronet and I lost power and it

Customer Question

I was driving my 1966 dodge coronet and I lost power and it died. I noticed the alternator wire was melted to the exhaust manifold. I have no electric at all. No lights ignition or anything. Battery seems ok. Did I burn out a circuit or fuse able link or what?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! You probably damaged the ammeter in the dash. All electrical goes through the ammeter on that vehicle. Get up under the dash And behind the instrument cluster. Locate the 2 posts on the back of the ammeter. Then get a 10 gauge jumper wire and jump those 2 posts together. If your electrical systems return, then the ammeter is the problem and will need to be replaced or permanently bypassed.
I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I found the problem. The fusible link on the fire wall was burnt. I replaced it and the car runs again.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Awesome! Glad you found the problem.
Chris