Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram with a remote start. The remote

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram with a remote start. The remote start will start the vehicle but when I insert the key the vehicle dies. Any idea what is going on?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
On most models you have to press on the brake pedal before you insert the key to keep the vehicle running.If you haven't tried this see if this works.If it doesn't check and see if you have brake lights when the brake pedal is pressed.If you do not then the brake position switch may be faulty needing replaced.
Thanks Pete