sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I havea 01 dakota the abs lite, brake lite, air bag lite on

Customer Question

i havea 01 dakota the abs lite, brake lite, air bag lite on in veh and speedometer inop.a/c don,t work,and radiator fan inop, sometime by turniing ignition switch on/off it clears lites on panel everything works. now none of the itemms work. heater fan works all gages works.i replsced vss on rear end,replaced inst panel. no check eng lite,so no codes.what should i do next?. truck has manual trans and runs great.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
relay was replaced.no difference.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Warning lights come on because there is a fault code stored in that respective module or that module isn't communicating with the instrument cluster (in which case there are still codes set). It may take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to determine what is going on, including a scan tool capable of communication with all modules. It's possible that you have a PCI bus communication issue.
Since you're losing the blower motor also you may have a power distribution issue. You may be losing power to the ABS and airbag modules, which will turn their warning lights on.
If no actual scan tool is available then the first thing I would recommend is a visual inspection of the ignition switch and connector. These ignition switches would sometimes fail causing heat damage to the connector and wiring. If you unplug the ignition switch and find heat damage in it or the connector then the switch and connector will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ireplaced relay , disconnected ignition switch no burn or heat indicated,checked some connectors no heat indicated.i always had heater blower.when . lights still on..radiater fan doesn,t work when lights on.can u help me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when light are off every thing works .even the speedometer .all outher gages work.

Do you have a scan tool capable of communication with the ABS and airbag modules?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no.no scan .tool
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have to get a scanner, what type and brand do suggest.

You may be able to get by without it.

Do you have a test light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you check for power at fuse 27 in the fuse box inside while the problem is happening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuse good with engine running,lites still on.