sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2012 ram 1500 and my brake controller has cr and a

Customer Question

brad,i have a 2012 ram 1500 and my brake controller has cr and a frlashing trailer! on it,also in the message center my service 4wd and trailer disconnected lights are on.i just recently replaced my evaporator core so the dash was pull back.any chance this could be the brake pedal switch causing this?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have more than one issue going on. The service four wheel drive light shouldn't be related to the trailer brake issue since they're unrelated systems.
The service four wheel drive light may be on due to an issue with the transfer case motor, front axle disconnect actuator, wiring, or the final drive control module. The FDCM's on these would often set an internal failure code which would sometimes go away after clearing the code, without having to replace the module. Try a battery disconnect and see if that changes anything.
The trailer brake issue is going to be connection problem, an issue on the trailer, a wiring issue on the truck or possibly the integrated trailer brake module. I assume this is happening while a trailer is connected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the indicator lights are on constantly not towing anything.the lights came on after after I had thedash out, before that there were no issues
The lights were not on before and were on immediately when starting the truck after the dash was out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct
Have you double checked the FDCM to make sure it's plugged in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know the location of the connection.?
It's on the passenger firewall just above the passenger floorboard.