sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Not sure you can. I have a 2004 dodge ram 2500 diesel truck

Customer Question

not sure you can. I have a 2004 dodge ram 2500 diesel truck and the odometer still works but the light is extremly dim how do i fix not sure if the ac is accociated with it but the passenger side ac vent dont blow cold but the driver side does
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The dim odometer is most likely an internal failure of the instrument cluster. If the dimmer was set to a low position then it would cause the illumination to be dim, but that would affect the entire instrument cluster, radio, and PRNDL display as well. It would be a good idea to check the dimmer but if all other lights are operating correctly except for the odometer then the instrument cluster will need to be replaced.
The temperature difference between sides could be a couple things. You may have a broken blend door in the heater box, or if it's a dual zone system it may also be a failed blend door actuator. If it was a door issue then you'd be unable to control temperature on one side at all.
If the issue is only when using a/c then the problem is almost surely low charge. If the charge is low then the inlet side of the evaporator will cool much more than the outlet side and it will cause a temperature difference between left and right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dim switch is all the way up and other lights work great. It is not dual zone system I guess it's the door or system is low. Thanks for the response
You're welcome and good luck with your truck!