sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2009 dodge avenger - battery light came on replaced

Customer Question

2009 dodge avenger - battery light came on replaced alternator, came on again within 1 week replaced it again, came on once again within the following week replaced alternator and battery. 2 days later light is on again, but it doesn't stay on all the time. HELP please.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello are you there???? I am needing an answer to this question. It says the response time would be approximately 8 min and it has been 45. Need help now please. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The battery light comes on when the system is either over or undercharging. The most common cause of a battery light coming on is definitely the alternator. If it has been replaced twice then most likely it can be ruled out, but if you're using an aftermarket replacement it's still suspect.
Other likely causes for the light are the alternator's control wiring, connections, and the cables. There may be voltage drop in cables or connections causing charging voltage to be lower than intended.
The first step in diagnosing the problem is determining if it's over or undercharging. Do you know what fault codes are setting and what the voltage is measured across the jump start posts when the light is on?