Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2004 dodge ram 1500 with a 4.7. and the number 20 fuse blows

Customer Question

2004 dodge ram 1500 with a 4.7. and the number 20 fuse blows on when running on when hot.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

This fuse powers the red wire at the ignition switch with the key in the run position, the yellow wire in the start position, and the pink/white in the off, run, and start positions.

Since it blows after its running then its not the yellow wire.

The Red wire powers fuses, 28, 50, 53 and PTC1

The pink/white wire powers the PCM and instrument cluster.

You need to remove these 2 wires from the ignition switch and run 2 power wires from the battery with inline fuses 25amp, to both of these wires. Then drive the truck and see which circuit blows the in line fuse so we know which circuit to look more into.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris