Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical Master,Diesel Specialist, Lead Tech/shop foreman
12781541

I have a 2004 Dodge SX 2.0 (Neon) with 150,000 KM The check

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge SX 2.0 (Neon) with 150,000 KM
The check engine light went on and the car limits itself to 2000 RPM. It also doesn't start very well.
The engine codes are P0350 and P0300
I replaced spark plugs and the crankshaft position sensor, but the problem still remains.
I had the exact same problem (and slightly different codes) last year and changing the camshaft position sensor fixed the issue (note that now it is the crank position sensor that I changed). I am also getting a code thrown that there is a problem with the transmission, but I don't have a reader to look further into that.
What should be my next step in troubleshooting?
Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The next step would be to replace the camshaft position sensor.

The cam and crank sensors have two of the same wires and one can mess the other up.

I also recommend getting those two sensors from the dealer not an auto parts store.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Chad,I've been waiting to get my part and install it before replying, but it seems to be taking a long time to be delivered so I'll just respond now. Once I get the sensor I will install it and hopefully that resolves the issue, but I am skeptical.I didn't have the other code numbers before, but have them now.
PO700 - Transmission Control System
PO562 - System Voltage Low
Expert:  Chad replied 1 year ago.

OK, just let me know when you replace it.