vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

Can I get a copy of the bulletin?

Customer Question

Can I get a copy of the bulletin?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can. I need some more info from you. I need the VIN number for starters and also do you have the bulletin # *****? The more info you give me the faster and more accurate I can be with the bulletin. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN#1D7HW42N66S589740. I don't have the bulletin number. I am hoping you do. The notice was on your website but number wasn't listed.

what system is it about and possible symptom? I need to narrow it down as much as possible, VIN helps but need the next item. Otherwise some cars can have 20-30 different bulletins.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent all the information on the payment page. My truck has a vibration and shaking when applying the brakes. I have had service including tire replacement, front rotor and calipers replaced twice, rear brake drum cut and adjusted. There was a bulletin with information including these symptoms listed on your website when I was researching prior to registering for this session.

Will check and reply back. thanks for the info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 Dodge Dakota: Crew cab..pulsating or vibration..rear brake drums
I just bought a 2006 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab 4.7L. After a couple weeks I noticed a pulsating or vibration when I applied the brake especially going downhill. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and they worked on the rear brake drums. That did not help. Today they checked the front rotors which were ok. They also looked at the axles. Which they said were ok. They are going to check the rear drums further tomorrow. they are taking care of the cost. I really like the truck if we can get this problem worked out. any suggestions?
Mopar Certified Expert: Mopar Certified replied 6 years ago.
They are on the right track.
There was a bulletin released to address this concern. It involved replacing the rear shoes and drums and possibly the axles.
Do you happen to have a number or something identifying that bulletin?
Sure. The number is *****
Here is a brief description of what is states...
SUBJECT:Shudder While Braking
This bulletin involves replacing the rear brake shoes and, if necessary, the axle shafts and refacing the front brake rotors.
MODELS:2005 - 2006 (ND) Dakota
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before January 31, 2006 (MDH0131XX).**
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:A vibration or shudder in the brake pedal when the brakes are applied at highway speeds.
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/29ayl-just-bought-2006-dodge-dakota-crew-cab-4-7l-couple.html#ixzz3ijSL8ofS

Found the bulletin. I will have to take screen shots of each page but will attach it to this reply. The bulletin # ***** *****

and more.....

and finally.

Each page is numbered at the top so if for some reason it got out of order....please excuse

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Let me review please.
Take your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this repair covered under warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was this bulletin part of a recall?

The bulletin wasn't part of a recall. I was under warranty back in the first 3 year/36,000 miles of the vehicle which has long since expired. At this point is a direction that they can go in to inspect the axle flanges to see if tha'ts the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been a problem since I purchased the truck. I have service receipt documentation going back to when there was 5664 miles on the truck for repairs to attempt to correct the problem to no avail. This has been ongoing with several different mechanics trying to fix the problem. But thank you for your help with this issue tonight.
Your welcome. If you feel that your question has been answered fully then please press ACCEPT and leave positive feedback so that the question can be closed. Thanks again
If you feel that your question has been answered fully then please press ACCEPT and leave positive feedback so that the question can be closed. Thanks again