vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

Im getting a combination of P0868, P0740, and P0700 on my

Customer Question

Im getting a combination of P0868, P0740, and P0700 on my 2007 Dodge 2500 6.7 L. What is wrong?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 1 year ago.

Afternoon, both codes (p0868 line pressure low and p0740 tcc out of range) are obviously trans related. P0700 just means that there is a trans code present. There are a list of possible issues that can cause these codes. The line pressure code be the cause of the P0740 code. I have seen multiple issues and different codes caused by sticking valves in the valve body. Accurate testing will involve test driving and trying to duplicate the situation that set the code and then check items such as TCC slip rate and also the state. Based on what each reading was determines the next step in checking further. Attached is the possible causes and the set conditions for each code: The last on labled trans2.....is for code P0868. First thing I would do is make sure the fluid level is correct. If okay then drop the pan and inspect of debris.....if debris is found then trans removal and over haul will be needed. If it appears okay then I would half the valve body removed and torn down and inspected to make sure no sticking valves. Then based on that finding.....if nothing obvious found, then trans removal and tear down will be recommended.

At this point if you believe your question has been answered completely then please accept the answer and give positive feedback so that the question can be closed. Otherwise I don't get paid for the time spend and the help given until you accept. Thanks