Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Trying to wire up an aftermarket stereo harness and I have

Customer Question

Trying to wire up an aftermarket stereo harness and I have the plug and play harness setup that plugs directly into the factory harness and then ties into the harness from the Pioneer stereo. My problem is there are more wires on the truck side harness than on the radio side harness and I don't know how to wire it up properly.
Truck side harness has the following:
Yellow
Yellow
Red
Blue w/ White stripe
Orange w/ White stripe
Brown
Grey
Green
Grey w/ black stripe
Green w/ black stripe
White w/black stripe
Purple W/ black stripe
White
Purple
Black
Black
Stereo Side Harness:
Yellow
Black
Red
Blue W/ white stripe
Green W/ Black stripe
Purple W/ Black Stripe
Green
Purple
White W/ Black Stripe
Grey W/ Black Stripe
White
Grey
Please inform me on which wires go where so I can get my Radio back up and running in the Truck (2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT)
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

Brand & Model Number of the New Radio?
Brand & Model / Part Number of the Wiring Adapter?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Radio is a Pioneer DEH-X26UI
Harness is a Metra 70-6502 I believe

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.

Thank you for the added info............

The Metra 70-6502 should be the correct Adapter Harness for your Truck, but I am assuming the Factory Radio did not have Navigation or other components from the Factory connected to it, as the Metra 70-6502 is for many Base Models.
IF this is the case, the Metra 70-6502 should be a "color for color" connection to the Pioneer including the BLUE or BLUE / WHITE wire of the Pioneer.
Do not concern yourself with the other wires of the Factory Plug, if the Metra 70-6502 plugs in correctly, "unless" your Factory Radio had other components attached to it, then you would need to go to http://www.metraonline.com/ & use METRA Fit Guide to see if you have the correct plug

.

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works is, "I supply the Answer....You Rate my Answer"
.
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

IF you do not have......You will also need Antenna Adapter like the METRA 40-CR10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's what I thought, but there are 2 blacks and 2 yellows on the truck side harness but only 1 of ea on the radio harness, which one do I attach them to? Do I connect all three together?
Your Metra 70-6502 should have 1 YELLOW, 1 RED, 1 BLACK & 1 BLUE or BLUE / WHITE wire
Then the other colors are for Speakers that all the colors should match your Pioneer Harness.
Any extra's "ignore"
be sure to tape of each wire connection seperatly & each wire that you do not use seperatly
After testing, then harness it all up with tape.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has TWO Yellow and TWO black wires; whereas the radio harness only has ONE of each. added some pictures to help...hard to describe.

I understand...........You can wire them together & connect to the Pioneer YELLOW wire or just use one
It does not matter...........just be sure to tape (insulate) each connection seperatly...........

.same with BLACK

sorry for the delays..........Thunder Storms & will check back in a few
Hello again Lurch here.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.
If I have helped, please RATE my answer
I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.