Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a p1745 code on my dodge charger how do I fix it

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Is that the only code you have? I ask this because this P1745 is a transmission line pressure code and is usually accompanied by other transmission codes.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

If this is the only code, then ask the dealer to reset the Variable Line Pressure info in the PCM. This will clear the code. They can do this in about 10 to 15 minutes using their scan tool. Below is some infor related to this code.

Chris.

---------------------------------

P1745-TRANSMISSION LINE PRESSURE TOO HIGH FOR TOO LONG

For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

Theory of Operation

This DTC is an informational DTC to inform the technician that transmission has been operating in an open-loop line pressure control for 3220 kilometers (2000 miles) or 1000 2-3 upshifts resulting from a Line Pressure DTC. The 42RLE Transmission is not designed to operate in open-loop line pressure control for an extended period time. This DTC is intended to protect the transmission. If the DTC sets, the transmission controller will place the transmission into limp-in mode.

1. When Monitored:

Continuously with ignition on.

2. Set Condition:

If the transmission has been operating in an open-loop line pressure control for 3220 kilometers (2000 miles) or 1000 2-3 upshifts.

Possible Causes

LINE PRESSURE DTCS PRESENT

Always perform the 42RLE Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Standard Procedure)

CHECK FOR RELATED DTCS

1.With the scan tool, check for Transmission Line Pressure DTCs.

NOTE:In order to erase this DTC you must reset (erase) the VLP Shift Counter and the Output tooth counter. This is a single procedure in the scan tool called “Clear Variable Line Pressure (VLP) counters".

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, did you happen to receive the answer / information that I sent?
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris