Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 92 D250 speedo out to replace the gear but the you

Customer Question

I have a 92 D250 speedo out to replace the gear but the you tube videos are different to taking out the odometer motor to get to it. I can almost get the cluster with the motor out but there is one clear plastic "pin" holding it. What should I do?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If this pin has an access hole from both sides in some cases you can use a small punch to tap the pin out to remove it then.You would want to be careful as to not damage the pin or any other components.If this will not work here let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no access hole. I can take a picture & send you if that'll help, otherwise we're at a dead end.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
That may help.If you can take a picture of this and upload it here this will help.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's a little bit of red from a felt tip on the plastic piece, from 2 angles, that I'm trying to get loose.
The pencil is pointing to the area which would be where the piece in question is located where it would be located on the back.
The felt tip in the last 2 pics is another way of pointing out the same plastic piece that seems to be holding the back on preventing me from getting to the gears.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your response?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.After looking at the pictures unfortunately I do not see how this comes off or apart.I will have to see if anyone else here can assist further on this.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete