bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I have a 2010 Dodge Calibur. Just left my daughters house &

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Dodge Calibur. Just left my daughters house & car is running really rough & the MIL light is blinking. Reading manual sounds like could be serious. Don't want to hurt car. It worked just fine this morning.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

a blinking MIL or better known as check engine lamp means there is a severe misfire, (that's a misfire that is constant and can damage the cat converter) the cause, well it can be as simple as a failed spark plug (they should be changed every 30k on your caliber) a failed ignition coil or a rodent got in there and chewed up some wires, the only way to be sure is scan the engine computer and see what code or codes it is setting then performing the necessary diagnostic procedures, there are quite a few different causes for this and I have only listed a few

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
checking in to see if you still need assistance