sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2002 grand caravan 3.3 that I swapped in a 2007

Customer Question

I have a 2002 grand caravan 3.3 that I swapped in a 2007 grand caravan 3.3 they both ran and the one engine had steam coming out of tail pipe so I swapped in the 07 engine everything was bolt on diff was fuel inj wiring harness.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I see that you've replaced the engine but there wasn't mention of what actual problem you're having posted with the question. I'm assuming it doesn't start.
There was a change in engine control systems after the 2003 model year and a 2007 engine isn't going to run in your 2002 van as is. The cam and crank sensor tone wheels are different between the two, the powertrain control module isn't going to recognize the incorrect pattern. To make this engine run in your van you would need to use the original flexplate and cam sprocket.