Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

91 dakota gas gauge stuck At 3/4 of a tank doesn't move with

Customer Question

91 dakota gas gauge stuck At 3/4 of a tank doesn't move with ignition switch is turned on or off,I'm told the sending unit and float assembly have been replaced,any ldeas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! So when the switch is turned off it stays at 3/4 tank?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok then the instrument cluster itself will need to be replaced. That gauge should fall to empty when the key is off. Have the cluster replaced. That will fix it.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
If you want to replace the cluster yourself, let me know and I can send you the procedure.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Chris