Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I had a fire under the hood I replaced the things that was

Customer Question

I had a fire under the hood I replaced the things that was burned I steel have know spark.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

What model and engine liter do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5.9 liter gas 1996.

Check the voltage on the Dark Green/Orange wire at the coil connector. It should be battery voltage.

The Black/Gray wire is the coil driver circuit and cycles ground on/off to fire the coil. Use a test light or noid light from a power source to test the driver cycling.

Coil failure is very possible as long as there is no wire damage.

Do you have a scan tool to check the crank sensor signal.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris