Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Ok, so with a lot of research I located a brand new TCM and

Customer Question

Eric, ok, so with a lot of research I located a brand new TCM and with high hopes I replaced the TCM this afternoon. I activated my scanner, cleared the codes and re-scanned the Sprinter. Much to my dismay the scanner returned the same trouble code - U0101.
So I thought maybe I needed to do a test drive. No luck. After driving around a two mile circle the Sprinter will still not change out of 1st/low gear. I parked it, cleared the codes again and re-scanned it - still getting a U0101 trouble code. The scanner
says the status is pending. When I cleared the codes the check engine light went out. I am sending a picture of the lights that are staying lit up in the instrument cluster. The one light bulb looking light usually comes on while I am in reverse. During the
test drive it came on and stayed on. Any ideas on what I need to do?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, it may take a while, but let me go over some schematics and see what we may be looking at. It is late here and will reply in the morning with what I find
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. BTW - I found the owners manual and I figured out what all the lights represent. Yay! Now we can focus on the main problem of not being able to shift out of low gear or go over 25 miles an hour. Thank you.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Ok, sounds good and will talk with you in the morning.