Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

My dodge caliber got a leak in the tranny cooler tube line

Customer Question

My dodge caliber got a leak in the tranny cooler tube line and needed it changed and I also got a new key programmed by towing it to the dealership I know there was a huge loss in Cvt fluid from the cooler line being changed is that why it won't go out of park? The dealership it's at went out to the parking lot and tried to bring it in for service I had asked for the Cvt to be filled and codes ran but they are telling me I need a new tranny because it won't go out of park for them to bring it in and fill the tranny.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today,

The fluid being low will not cause it to not shift out of park. I cant say it does or does not need a transmission based on just this but I can say its not a fluid issue.