sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2004 Durango has an issue with the door locks. None of

Customer Question

My 2004 Durango has an issue with the door locks. None of the doors work by using the key fob or the door switch to lock or unlock. The rear doors cannot be open manually, the post cannot be pulled up to unlock. Only the front doors can be locked or unlocked manually. When using the key fob to unlock the door it locks the front doors but disengage the alarm. What could this be.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The power locks are controlled by the instrument cluster. The locks not working could be a wiring issue or an internal failure in the cluster but the front ones may not be working because the rear ones aren't. The lock actuators in the rear latches have failed and the latches will need to be replaced. It's possible that the cluster is seeing high current draw from these failed actuators and is disabling the locks to prevent damage. The first thing I would recommend is disconnecting the two rear latches, disconnect the battery to clear fault codes and then see if the front doors lock and unlock. If ok then the problem was just the rear latches.