-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Have replace new ac compressor, axpansion valve and drier on

Customer Question

Have replace new ac compressor, axpansion valve and drier on 2008 dodge magnum 2.7 now the ac clutch won't engage
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** a 16 Yr Dodge dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...
What codes are in the TIPM and HVAC?
Is it charged with freon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I have not scan the car, yes I did a vacuum for 20 minutes after replace the mentioned. Parts and istar filling with freon but the ac clutch not engaging neither the fans come on

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

What engine do you have so I can get a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2.7liter the old compressor did engage but the car wouldn't take the freon so a just answer exper recommended changin expansion valve after than with no luch he suggested I need drier and new compressor

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I attached the wiring.. This issue will be hard to diagnose without a scantool because the TIPM which is the fusebox under the hood controls the compressor..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have 14 volt at conector

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

To the compressor? Do you also have a ground?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes to the compressor, yes there is ground you think I have a defective compressor is a remanufactured not new

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If you have 12v and ground and the clutch will not engage then the compressor clutch is bad..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cause I have thr old one and just plug the conector to see what happens and engages right away

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Then you verified you have a bad compressor.. This is one of the main reasons we only use OEM parts to prevent this issue..

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating.

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok but why the old compressor was enraged at all times even with nofreon on system

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure why the original compressor was staying engaged.. You will need a scantool to monitor the pressure transducers and retrieve the codes from the TIPM to determine that..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me sccan the car see what I find

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Ok glad I could help.