Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My dodge dakota started accelerating and decelerating on the

Customer Question

My dodge dakota started accelerating and decelerating on the highway even after letting off the accelerator! This started a couple days ago after it rained! Today, on my way to work the engine stalled and the check engine light came on! I was able to start it up and make it to work, but the light is still on!?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is Jerry and I will be happy to assist you today.
….
There are many areas in the power train controls that will make the light come on or flash. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in. Normally Autozone will read the codes for free and even tell you the area of concern, as well as clear the code out of the computer.
.
…..
The code(s) can only be cleared with a scan tool. Not only a parts store can clear it but any shop with a scan tool.
.
When we know the code(s) then we will have a better understanding as to what the cause may be.
.
Thanks
.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get the trouble codes?

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with it?