Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Not sure have issue with blend door on 2003 dodge I think I

Customer Question

not sure have issue with blend door on 2003 dodge I think I was reading one of your answers. Interesting seems confusing diode always is. My sons truck cools great and when we hit a bump or something I hear something like the blind door move freely and the truck gets hot for a minute then it goes back to running like it was before hit bump. When try to heat will not so thinking that a door is either opened or closed when it should be the other way
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This may be an issue with the temp actuator on the heater box itself that controls the doors.I have seen this actuator fail or act up in the past before and had to replace it to correct issues like this here.
If this has not been tested this should be done to see if it needs replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it took awhile to get answer so I took everything apart and it looks like the 2 bottom blend doors are broken I must assume that when I hit a bump sometimes the door must move on its own up or down don't know but this must effect cold air flow for a minute this I guess is also why heat doesn't work.