Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

Could someone please help to inform me where the

Customer Question

Could someone please help to inform me where the transmission control module is located on a 2004 dodge stratus se 2.7l?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is***** have included 2 links to the post, One with picture of the modules and one showing how to change it. Kind of sits on it's end along side of the PCM. One link is a .pdf file

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay according to the picture that does not look like what's in my car I am going to send some pictures to get your opinion on if I have the wrong part
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

its not there or part does not look correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like the part is incorrect this is the part in my car that is in the spot where the picture shows
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the part I ordered that says its is for my car
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

please send the full VIN number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vin number from the old part of new one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant or new one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The s/n number on the old one is 76g3p32f38 that's the only number I can see
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's the new one
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, Had a computer glitch, VIN number of the vehicle.No the the part number, I need the VIN from thew car, on the metal tag on the dash, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I went to autozone to try and get help when I get back home I will send vin number
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

All is fine, I did some checking was just wanting to confirm, You do NOT have the EATx system you 100% have the NGC system which means, the trans control as well as engine controls are all in same module. You do NOT have a separate Trans module. You must inform parts locations you have the NGC system. I included another link showing this, 4 connectors like you have and the module you bought? incorrect, You do not have the EATX system. There were a couple different setups,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok my vin is 1b3el56r94n244000
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

did you get what I sent? The PCM and trans are all in one in the same on your model. No separate trans moduel you have the NGC system not eh EATX system thus why the confusion,