-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Took my 2005 dodge dakota v6 to have tires balanced. THey

Customer Question

Took my 2005 dodge dakota v6 to have tires balanced. THey told me my engine light was on, but I did not see it when I dorve in. THey pulled error code U1102 SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Primary Id and said it was manuf specific and could'nt tell me what it was. ANy idea, Google searches say air fuel mixture or comm issues with bus. Turck seems to be missing a little.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** a 16 Yr Dodge dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...
The code is not a valid code. Was it U1120?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A lil more history. He gave me (wrote down) code 1102. When her first informed me about the check engine light he said the abs brake light was on also. After I told him that when I arrived there were non lights on so he went back out and rechecked and said the abs light was out but engine light was still on. Since the pulled the wheels I wonder if they hit something on the brakes. I have not disconnected power to see if the engine light would reset. I also just checked the gas cap and it seems loose, well not locking down tight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to replace the gas cap just for grins or piece of mind.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I'm thinking the code is wrong and it should be U1120.. Can you have someone recheck the code?

Also the gas cap will have nothing to do with any driveability issue or the ABS issue..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Update: Disconnected battery, waited 5 minutes and re-connected. No check engine light, going to go to get a new gas cap. They probably knocked off the abs wires from the sensor, but should have told me they put them back on. But gave me a code of 1102 to throw me off that it was their error. I mean, looks like they were trying to get mo money from me, and this is a national tire chain. Thanks for putting me i the right direction, code 1120 has to do with the abs and the module is under the wheel well. Kinda upset, I feel the need for a free oil change to cover my cost to you. Thanks a bunch.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome..