Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2007 dodge ram 2500 with 5.9L cummins rwd. Getting

Customer Question

Robert, I have a 2007 dodge ram 2500 with 5.9L cummins rwd. Getting U0001 and p2509. Seems to happen when truck is hot and idling in traffic or when not a lot of air is moving up front. check gages flashes, tach blips up and down, and truck will eventually shut down. It happened twice today and luckily restarted both times. Seems to stop acting up when I get it up to cruising speeds and there is good airflow. Thinking TIPM or PCM at this point. Have it at the dealership and they seem to have hit a wall.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
At this time I am suspecting a loose connection at one of the batteries or at the main power of the TIPM. I recommend to carefully check the connections at ALL battery terminals, if any of the connections are even slightly questionable, remove the connection, separate all eyelets and clean thoroughly with a wire brush including the Through Bolt that goes through BOTH positive battery cable connections. If you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that all connections are clean and tight, I recommend a load test of each battery separately, Make sure to disconnect both batteries and perform a load test on each. If either battery fails, replace BOTH batteries and I suspect problem will be solved....
Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...
Thank you,
Robert
I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly"Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!
Robert