sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 liter 4 wheel drive. No

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 liter***** No start. Codes read back for a bad camshaft sensor and a bad crankshaft sensor.replaced both. Have spark on the spark plug. Have fuel in fuel rail. Will pop off for a couple of turns then shuts right back off. Also now getting the P 1698 error code no CCD message from TCM. What's wrong with my truck?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If it's actively setting a code for the cam and crank sensor and they've been replaced with Mopar parts then you have an issue with the sensor ground or reference voltage to both sensors. The cam and crank sensors share a sensor ground and 5v reference, if one of the circuits is open or shorted then it will prevent the sensors from producing a signal.
The problem could be wiring, the PCM, but it may also be in the TCM since the TCM gets a direct crank sensor input. With the TCM unplugged does anything change?