Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Have a 1999 dodge 1500 4x4 5.9l have a P0753 check engine

Customer Question

Have a 1999 dodge 1500 4x4 5.9l have a P0753 check engine code. truck starts off in 3rd (safe mode) and will not shift. I can manually shift into reverse and 1st.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Once very common caused for this code to set is usually a failing PCM (computer) in order to determine if that is in fact the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, run through the flow chart and see if this will help you resolve the concern.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0753%20Aug%204.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flow chart tells me to check a lot of things without details."measure the voltage at the Trans Relay Output ckt'? None of these tell me what pins I need to put my ohmeter on.
1. I have checked the Trans Relay Circuit pack and it is good, I checked the connectors that Trans Pack plugs into and I have voltage (12vdc) when off, but when the engine is on I do not have voltage.
I dropped the pan and checked the OD Solenoid and had 33ohms on both so they are good. I also checked the other solenoid and it was good. I am down to 3 things I think can be the problem the PCM itself, the wiring and/or connectors, the pressure sensor.
I wanted to check the wiring from the power/fuse board to the connection on the tranny but I do not know what pins I would need to be on to check this. I believe I have check correctly between the fuse panel/ power board and the PCM and I get an open but I am not sure I did it right or was on the right pins.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Take a look at the wiring diagram for the transmission, it will show the pin number you need.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TCM%20wiring%20Aug%204.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, Thanks I will check this out and see if I can get a better feel for the problem and where it is. I will reply after I check this out probably by tomorrow or later tonight.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I'm here if you need me. Thank you as well.