sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Ok...I have 2002 dodge grand caravan Blower motor stopped

Customer Question

ok...I have 2002 dodge grand caravan
Blower motor stopped working so, I replaced the blower motor and found the power to blower motor had wire that was melted. I found it messed up the blower motor resistor so I replaced that. When replacing the resistor, I found the cable supplying power to Blower motor resistor had a wire that was melted. I know the blower motor will work at least partially, but feel it is best to replace the wire to blower motor resistor. Where does that wire go. I see it is wrapped up amongst other wires behind dash. Also, could all of this damage have come from a bad blower motor or resistor? I am currently looking for a wire diagram to see how far apart I need to tear this dash to get this wire replaced....any thoughts?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Yes this is all possible from a blower motor that is drawing too many amps but at some point it should have blown a fuse.

Which wire to the resistor is melted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the middle wire which is a Black/white striped wire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this what you wanted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure exactly how this works, but glad I took the FASTest service....because I only have 1 weeks vacation.....This is my 3rd day...waiting for help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is picture of Power cord attached to the Fan. It shows the Green Wire is the one that got fried/melted

Sorry. I had to go out of town a few days and just getting back in. I will opt out so someone else can help who is hopefully faster than me. Thanks

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The only reason the wire would need to be replaced is if there was heat damage elsewhere. If the heat damage is contained to the connector area then just the connector and damaged area will need to be replaced. If more of the wire did need to be replaced it would be best to just use the appropriate size bulk wire.
I'm not showing a black/white wire so I can't say for sure where it goes. Do you have the VIN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This whole Just answer process was horrific this time through. I just want to get out of it. My brother answered my question for me 3 days ago. I am sorry it isn't your fault. The previous Just Answer person should have told me he was going on vacation or out of town. If I am paying for fast service, I don't want answers a week later. I have used this service before in working on my Air Conditioner. That went well. This time was horrendous. Can I just cancel this request for information?
I apologize you were not helped sooner. If you don't wish to continue there is no need to reply.