Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

1997 Cummins 5.9. On start up and constant, my truck shoots

Customer Question

1997 Cummins 5.9. On start up and constant, my truck shoots up to 2000 rpm and stays there even after truck is hot. Did something go out in the governor or injector pump? Eric
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is an injection pump or linkage problem. Check the linkage from the throttle pedal to the injection pump for binding or sticking. If no problem is found, then replace the injection pump.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Linkage appears to be good. So it has to be the injector pump. I will find diagram and steps for rebuilding pump.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds good. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,when you get a chance, would you rate my service if I have been at all helpful? Thanks, ***** ***** you need further assistance, I can continue to assist you even after you rate! have a great day!
Chris